SEA-VET.NET is the regional knowledge platform on Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). This website is intended for the exchange of information, knowledge, tools, data and good practices (the “content”).
This website was created in 2018 following a Memorandum of Understanding between Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organisation Regional Centre for Vocational and Technical Education and Training (hereafter SEAMEO VOCTECH) and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (hereafter GIZ) as a regional cooperation program to improve the quality and labour market orientation of TVET (hereafter RECOTVET). SEAMEO VOCTECH owns the intellectual property of the SEA-VET.NET domain name and website, manages the domain name, and operates this website.
Access and use
Intellectual Property and Copyright
SEA-VET.NET is an open knowledge platform. The content and tools available on or through the website are owned as the case may be by SEAMEO VOCTECH, its business partners, service providers, licensors, users or other providers of such information and may be protected by one or more copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws, or other proprietary rights regimes, and international treaties, and also may have security components that protect digital information. Except where otherwise noted, content on this website is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs licence 4.0.
When using the content from the website, you agree to:
- Meet the following requirements of the Creative Common Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs license 4.0; for more information follow the link.
SEAMEO VOCTECH shall prosecute, to the fullest extent of the law, any use of the information in a manner that falsifies, misrepresents, disparages, or fraudulently uses the information.
You are responsible for the use of this website and may use it for lawful purposes only.
By posting on and/or uploading content to the website you represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights to the shared or uploaded content
By using this website, you furthermore assure that:
- You do not publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- You do not misrepresent your identity, including by impersonating SEA-VET.NET or its staff.
- You do not collect or store personal information about anyone.
- You do not upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or other device.
- You do not delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- You do not falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- You do not advertise or offer to sell any goods or services or provide any investment advice or otherwise violate applicable securities laws, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another party that cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- You do not attempt to gain unauthorized access to SEAMEO VOCTECH’s computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means; or damage, disable, overburden, or impair SEAMEO VOCTECH ’s servers or networks, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the website, or modify, distribute, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any portion of the tools.
- You do not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of this website or tools/ features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or monitor and enforce limitations on use of this website or the Content.
You are responsible for ensuring that the content you share is accurate, lawful and does not infringe the proprietary rights of any third party. You are obliged to inform SEAMEO VOCTECH immediately if the content released by you must be revised or removed due to inaccuracies or infringements of proprietary rights. You are responsible for ensuring that the Content does not harm SEA-VET.NET, SEAMEO VOCTECH, its business partners, service providers, content providers, and third parties as determined by SEA-VET.NET in its sole discretion.
Generally, you can visit the website without revealing any personal information. However, you must register to upload content to the website and to participate in communities of practice. Therefore, you must provide your name, e-mail address and the name of the organization you work for. SEAMEO VOCTECH verifies if uploaded content is content of user’s own organization or not. The name of the individual uploading the content is also displayed. SEAMEO VOCTECH uses the collected user data to analyze its user base and tailor its services accordingly.
SEA-VET.NET automatically tracks user activity on its website via Google Analytics. This information is used to generate statistics to monitor user activity, assess the attractiveness of certain contents of the website, and improve the usefulness of the website.
The personal data will not be transferred to third parties nor to third countries. Only contracting service partners that assist in the technical and customer administration of the website will have access to the data for the duration of their contract. RECOTVET as the project partner will have viewing access to the data.
The collected personal data is stored on a server located in Singapore. Three years after the last user activity the personal data will be deleted.
The user acknowledges that in general exchanges using the tools in the website are public and not private communications. Therefore, any posts will be considered available for public use and distribution as provided herein. In private groups, while anyone can view the thread title of the group, only forum members who are signed in and have been accepted to the group can access the full text of messages.
Notwithstanding the above, SEA-VET.NET reserves the right to disclose any information, including personal information, when required by law or when necessary to investigate potential illegal activities such as fraud, violations of the Terms and Conditions, or when otherwise necessary to protect the property, rights and safety of SEA-VET.NET.
Links to Other Web Sites
The website may contain links to other websites. These links are provided for convenience only and do not imply that SEAMEO VOCTECH endorses the linked site. By using this website, you acknowledge and agree that SEAMEO VOCTECH is not responsible or liable for the access to or the content or accuracy of such other websites.
Liability and Indemnification
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the opinions, findings, and conclusions contained in the information in the website are solely those of the various authors of the information and do not necessarily reflect the views of SEA-VET.NET.
The content in the website is not reviewed, evaluated, verified or fact-checked by SEAMEO VOCTECH. Although SEAMEO VOCTECH reserves the right to do so, it generally does not edit contributor-provided content of any type.
By using this website, you acknowledge and agree that SEAMEO VOCTECH is not liable for any content shared by other users.
The use of this website is at your sole risk. SEAMEO VOCTECH SEAMEO VOCTECH is not liable for any damages, including those caused by negligence.
Because SEAMEO VOCTECH has no control over the content submitted by contributors and users, the user agrees to look solely to the contributor of the content for any claims the user may have regarding the content. The user specifically acknowledges and agrees that SEAMEO VOCTECH is not liable for any conduct of any user. If the user has a dispute with one or more users, the user forever releases SEAMEO VOCTECH (and its officers, directors, agents, affiliates, and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
If any provision (or part of a provision) of these Terms and Conditions is found invalid, unenforceable or illegal, this shall in no way affect the validity, enforceability or legality of the other provisions.