Hybrid BILT Bridging Event
Going green and digital: TVET for hospitality and tourism
About the Event
SAVE THE DATE!
More Infos & upcoming Registration Link: BILT green digital hospitality tourism (unesco.org)
While African countries find themselves at different levels in implementing sustainable and digital economic development, there are considerable opportunities for a green and digital transition of TVET systems on the African continent. To help leverage this potential, the BILT project provides a global platform for peer learning, joint innovation, and capacity building among TVET stakeholders in Africa, with further opportunities to engage and collaborate with TVET institutions from Asia-Pacific and Europe.
This conference is the first on-site Bridging Event of the BILT project in Africa. Its purpose is to provide a platform to discuss trends in green and digital qualifications and competencies in Africa, with a focus on the hospitality and tourism sector. The BILT Bridging Event for Africa will encourage participants to:
- Discuss the BILT perspective on green and digital qualifications and competencies in the hospitality and tourism sector. The goal is to define the scope and focus of the BILT Expert Group that is to be established after the event;
- Generate knowledge and support peer learning on innovative practices in TVET;
- Identify opportunities for collaboration within Africa and across the BILT regions;
- Contribute to strengthening the UNEVOC and TVET stakeholder network, particularly in Africa.
The conference will be a hybrid event. In-person participants and speakers will join upon invitation. The conference targets subject matter experts on the hospitality and tourism sector and the digital and green transition (possible members of future expert groups), representatives of the private sector, employee associations, unions, and experts from African, Asian and European UNEVOC Centres, as well as from international organizations. Online participation is open to a global audience of TVET experts and stakeholders from Ministries, National bodies, TVET providers, research institutes, representatives of the private sector, as well as TVET teachers and trainers.
Day 1 is conceptualized as a fully in-person event. It will bring together approximately 30 representatives of African UNEVOC Centres and African, European and Asian members of the BILT community. Day 2 and 3 of the event will be streamed to an online conference platform.
The working language of the conference is English, with interpretation into French being provided for plenary sessions.
7 November 2022, 9:00am - 5:00pm EAT
- Presentation and discussion of new trends in qualifications and competencies in Africa, with a focus on greening and digitalization
- Matchmaking sessions to strengthen cooperation and thematic exchange among African, European and Asian institutions present at the event
8 November 2022, 9:00am - 4:30pm EAT
- Workshop sessions to discuss green and digital qualifications and competencies for the hospitality and tourism sector in depth. The workshops serve as preparation for the BILT Expert Group.
- A study visit to a training centre to interact with TVET practitioners.
- Online gallery of innovative practices in TVET with the possibility to interact with project owners.
9 November 2022, 9:00am - 1:00pm EAT
- Presentation and in-depth discussion of innovative practices, with time allocated for exchange and networking.
- Working meeting of prospective members of the BILT Expert Group.
Stay tuned for the registration link and the conference programme: BILT green digital hospitality tourism (unesco.org)