Technical and Vocational Education and Training in the Philippines in the Age of Industry 4.0
Asian Development Bank (ADB) (March, 2021) - This report highlights the vital role of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) to build a competitive and socially inclusive workforce in the Philippines in the wake of Industry 4.0.
New and emerging technologies under Industry 4.0 are rapidly changing the nature of work and demand for skills around the world. Meanwhile, the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is causing significant labor market upheavals. The report assesses what needs to be done to ensure the country’s TVET system, and TESDA, the agency responsible for TVET, can adapt to these rapid technological developments and also mitigate the negative impacts to the labor market.
- Foreword by the Vice-President, Asian Development Bank
- Foreword by the Director General, Technical Education and Skills Development Authority
- Executive Summary
- Economic and Labor Market Context
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training and the Education System in the Philippines
- Empirical Findings for Technical and Vocational Education and Training Performance
- Conclusions and Recommendations