Skills For A Resilient Youth, A Virtual Conference
It will be held on the 6th to 14th of July 2020, as part of the World Youth Skills Day 2020 celebration. It is a day to acknowledge and celebrate the importance of equipping young people with the skills for employment, decent work and entrepreneurship.
The virtual conference will be moderated by Terry Neal, an education specialist from COL. Threads will be open around topics and questions, in which participants are encouraged to post messages and contribute to discussions.
The following topics are up for discussion:
- Implications of the pandemic on youth skills development
- TVET institutions: good practices in distance learning in no-, low- and high-tech scenarios
- Labour market: Implications of the pandemic on jobs and future skills development
- Young people: Perspectives on their hopes and fears going forward
- TVET systems: System-wide responses to the impact of the pandemic
In line with world youth skills day, the objective of the conference is to:
- Ensure that young people around the world continue to have access to quality education and training opportunities.
- Identify future skills needs and develop responsiveness to short-, medium- and long-term impacts.
To find out more about the conference visit the event section!