Call for Application: ASEAN Cyber Shield MSc Cyber Security Scholarship
UNIVERSITI TEKNOLOGI BRUNEI
WITH THE SUPPORT OF KISA (KOREA INTERNET & SECURITY AGENCY)
INVITES ASEAN STUDENTS TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP TENABLE IN BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
2024/2025 ACADEMIC SESSION
UTB (2024) - Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB), with the support of KISA, is pleased to invite applications for the ASEAN CYBER SHIELD MSc Cyber Security Scholarship for ASEAN students tenable in Brunei Darussalam for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Scholarship allows applicants to pursue studies at the Postgraduate Master's Degree level in Master of Science in Cyber Security at Universiti Teknologi Brunei.
The academic year commences in July 2024.
- Ineligible applications will be rejected.
- Please check that you have met the following eligibility criteria before you apply.
- Not exceed the age of 35 on 1 September in the year when the programme starts.
- Be proficient in English with at least a Credit 6 at the GCE' O' Level Examination or a Grade 'B' in IGCSE English (as a second language) or an IELTS minimum score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum score of 550.
- At least second-class honours Bachelor's degree in a relevant IT discipline, recognised by the UTB's Senate. Applicants with other qualifications will be considered case-by-case, considering all pertinent work or experiences.
- Where candidates completed their higher education more than two(2) years before their current application, they will need to show that they have continued to study or work in the medium of English.
- For further information about the programme, click here.
- The opening date for the application for the scholarship is 1 SEPTEMBER 2023.
- The closing date for the application for the scholarship is 31 MARCH 2024.
- An applicant may be required to appear for an online interview to assess the applicant's proficiency in the English Language.
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or enquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained.
- Applicants must complete an online application through http://apply.utb.edu.bn
- Documents to be uploaded in the application form:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Personal statement.
- Certified true copies of academic qualifications and other supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts, English qualifications).
- Certified true copies of Birth Certificate and Passport.
- References and recommendations from two referees.
- Certified translations of supporting documents must be submitted for documents not in English.
- Certified true copies of medical health screening, indicating fit to study (must be done in home country).
- Vetting documents.
- Successful applicants will be contacted via email for further consideration in the selection process.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email.
SCHOLARSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The complete listing of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship will be provided to the applicant once the application is successful and a scholarship is offered. A declaration will be required to be signed confirming understanding and agreement to these terms and conditions upon acceptance of the Scholarship.
In general, the scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the Scholarship as follows:
- Exemption from tuition fees, including acceptance, programme deposit, examination, student association, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme.
- Return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Brunei Darussalam via the most direct route.
- A monthly allowance of USD$660.
- Book allowance of USD$450.
- Student pass visa fees.
- The scholarship recipient will need to obtain comprehensive insurance coverage for the whole scholarship duration when he/she registers during the orientation, which will cost around BND$80 (international students). The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his/her travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his/her own expense.
- The Scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without prior approval of UTB. The Scholarship may be terminated or revoked immediately should the recipient be found holding another scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without prior written approval from UTB.
- A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family member with him/her for the duration of the Scholarship. No marriage or child allowance is payable to the scholarship recipient, and no accommodation will be provided to any accompanying spouse, child or children.
- A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country's representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the Scholarship. A scholarship recipient is required to:
- conform to all the rules and regulations underlying this Scholarship;
- abide by the rules and regulations of the University;
- respect the customs, culture and official religion of Brunei Darussalam;
- obey all the laws and regulations of Brunei Darussalam;
- refrain from engaging in political activities;
- undergo health screening in Brunei Darussalam if deemed necessary by the UTB;
- Upon completion of the programme, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam immediately.
This article is for educational purposes only. All credit and rights of this report remain with the original copyright holders such as owners, authors, and publishers of the material. More information on this can be found on our Additional Disclaimers page.