SEAMEO PRE-CONGRESS LECTURE SERIES
About the Event
Call for Video Clips “Stories of Success”
Transformation and Innovation in the Post COVID-19 Pandemic
Deadline to Submit the Video Clips by Mon. 22 March 2021
Learning Sessions on Mon. 5 and Thu. 8 April 2021
- Educational/community leaders, teachers, and students from all countries are invited to share “Story of Success >> Transformation and Innovation in the Post COVID-19 Pandemic” by producing a video clip of 7 minutes.
- Video clips should include practical advice and easy-to-replicate strategies on how to address the challenges in education during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- 100 USD is granted for the selected video clips which will be broadcasted at the Live SEAMEO YouTube Channel on 5 and 8 April 2021.
- Documents to download:
- Guidelines “Call for Video Clips - Stories of Success”
- Submission Form
COVID-19 remains challenging in the global community and changes the educational landscape. Educators need to be responsive and adaptive to the new challenges to maximize the learning opportunities of learners during the lock down.
We have witnessed that many learning activities have been transformed to online/flexible learning options, home schooling, and other blended learning modalities. Not only the learning modalities have been adapted, but the COVID-19 also affected the improvement of school system, communities, and individual adaptation.
This has been the general framework that guided the development of the SEAMEO Congress 2021 theme. However, SEAMEO saw the need to have a pre-Congress learning event that will jumpstart the discussion and ignite passion and interest of youth, educators, and other stakeholders/actors in Southeast Asia and beyond. Thus, this learning event, “SEAMEO Pre-Congress Lecture Series: Stories of Success >> Transformation and Innovation in the Post COVID-19 Pandemic” during March - April 2021, has been conceptualized to feature the stories of success during the COVID-19.
Presenters of this learning event are expected to give practical advice and easy-to-replicate strategies on how to address the challenges as the world is racing to inoculate everyone and shift to a new, and hopefully, better, normal.
SEAMEO intends to highlight “Stories of Success” of school/college leaders, teachers, community leaders, and students to the global community so that others may learn and get innovative ideas.
It is expected that the “Stories of Success” can be good models for educational institutions, teachers and students to learn and replicate for improvement. Moreover, as a pre-Congress event, it will help igniting new ideas and serve as valuable resources for discussion during SEAMEO Congress 2021.
- To provide opportunities for educational institutions, communities, teachers and students to share “Stories of Success” which they have applied for educational institutions, communities, teaching/learning modalities, and self-improvement during COVID-19.
- To learn and explore good practices from the Stories of Success shared by educational leaders, teachers, and students
- To serve as a Pre-Congress event to equip the audiences with new knowledge and ideas prior to joining the SEAMEO Congress 2021.
The SEAMEO Pre-Congress Lecture Series will be conducted by using video clips recorded by the educators, students, and other stakeholders which will be broadcasted through SEAMEO Secretariat’s YouTube channel.
The tentative learning schedules of the SEAMEO Pre-Congress Lecture Series are as follows:
Stories of Success: Transformation and Innovation for Schools and Communities
Monday 05 April 2021 at 09.30-11.00 hrs (Bkk time)
Easy to join, only scan QR code or visit the SEAMEO Secretariat YouTube Channel or visit the following YouTube Link
Stories of Success: Transformation and Innovation for Teachers and Students
Thursday 08 April 2021 at 09.30 – 11.30 hrs (Bkk time)
Easy to join, only scan QR code or visit the SEAMEO Secretariat YoutTbe Channel or visit the following YouTube Link
Note: No need for pre-registration
|Announcement “Call for Video Clips: Stories of Success”||1-3 March 2021|
|Deadline for submitting the video clips||Monday 22 March 2021|
|Evaluating and selecting video clips for broadcasting on 5 and 8 April 2021||23 March - 29 April 2021|
|YouTube Live Session of SEAMEO Pre-Congress Lecture Series||5 April (Mon) and 8 April (Thursday)|
|E-Certificate for participants||May 2021|
- There is no registration fee for organisations and participants to join the SEAMEO-Pre-Congress Lecture Series.
- It is expected that the Lecture Series will be attended by approximately 1,000 participants during the session via the SEAMEO Secretariat YouTube channel. The participants will be policymakers from Ministries of Education/related governmental organisations, educators, teachers, and university/TVET students from Southeast Asian countries and beyond.
GUIDELINES FOR VIDEO CLIPS
PLEASE CLICK "EVENT CONCEPT" UNDER 'DOWNLOADS'
ON THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF THIS PAGE TO FIND THE COMPLETE GUIDELINES
How to submit the video clips
PRIZES AND CRITERIA
- The top 20 video clips that are selected for broadcasting will receive the followings:
- A monetary prize of USD 100.00/ entry from the SEAMEO Secretariat.
- Certificate of Recognition
- Will be selected to showcase at the SEAMEO Congress on 28-29 April 2021
- Criteria for selecting the qualified video clips for broadcasting.
- Interesting and innovative content - 30%
- Practical skills embedded and easy to understand - 30%
- Creativity in presentation - 20%
- Replicability and usefulness - 20%
- Total - 100%
- e-Certificate of Recognition – will be provided to all video clips selected for broadcasting
- e-Certificate of Participation in submitting the video clip will be provided to educators and students who submitted the video clips with meets the minimum requirements
- e-Certificate of Participation for audience will be provided to the audience who fill-up the “Certificate Validation Form” of which details will appear during the event.)