ASEAN Data Science Explorers 2020
About the Event
ASEAN Data Science Explorers is back in 2020 with another analytics competition between students of the 10 ASEAN nations and offering prizes up for grabs! ASEAN Data Science Explorers is designed to promote and enhance the ASEAN community amongst today’s youth through digital literacy intervention,
Registrations for the competition are already upon and will close on the 30th of April 2020
The competition, organised by the ASEAN Foundation and German multinational software corporation, SAP, aims to accelerate the learning curve of students by using the SAP analytics cloud tool to analyse one of the six categories chosen out of the 17 Sustainable Develop Goals from the 2030 sustainable development agenda.
The SAP Analytics tool is a new generation software that redefines analytics in the cloud. As a software as a service, it provides business intelligence, predictive and planning capabilities in one solution.
The 6 goals, that are part of the 17 SDGs, which the participants will have to analyse are the following:
- Good Health and Well-Being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
Registrations for the competition are already upon and will close on the 30th of April 2020!
The competition goes through a series of tasks and levels, in which the final will see participants prepare for the regional finals that will be held in October 2020 in Hanoi, Viet Nam. Prizes worth up to USD 3,000 await the top three winning teams. For more information, take a look at the competition guide.
Who can participate?
- Nationals of ASEAN Member Countries (i.e. Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam).
- Full-time tertiary students currently pursuing their Diploma or Undergraduate studies in one of the tertiary institutions in Southeast Asia.
- Above the age of 16 as the start of the Contest Period. Participants under the age of 18 must obtain parental consent. The consent form is available upon registration.
- For information on eligibility and rules & regulation, please click here.
- Registrations are open from 1st February to 30th April 2020 on https://www.aseandse.org/
To find out more about the competition, please click here!