SEAMEO Partners Lecture Series
Agility in Cross-Sector Trends and Transformation in Post-COVID Pandemic
About the Event
COVID-19 has changed the educational landscape globally. In Southeast Asia alone, nearly 1.6 Billion learners are impacted by school closures, and remote learning has been a lifeline for learning. About 247 Million learners are hunkering down and attending online/flexible learning options in varying degrees from their own homes, in compliance with strict social distancing protocols and instructions from the various government to stay home.
With lockdowns, enhanced quarantine measures, and school closures, everyone is affected. Concerns are mounting up on school closures’ unintended effects on learning. Questions such as access to, quality, and effectiveness of non-traditional modes including distance education, alternative learning modalities, flexible learning options, homeschooling, and blended learning emerged. Doubts on the effectiveness of online assessments, the acquisition of necessary competencies of learners and the readiness of teachers to transition to online learning and parents to home-based learning, proved to be challenging in the COVID-19 world.
To learn the newest technological solutions and innovative strategies for improving teacher capacity, teaching pedagogies, and student learning process as well as developing future skills for students and teachers during the lockdown, the SEAMEO Secretariat collaborates with the globally educational partners who are governmental/development agencies and private enterprises in organising the SEAMEO-Partners Lecture Series during January-February 2021.
The SEAMEO-Partners Lecture Series addresses the need to have a platform where key players from industry and education stakeholders can discuss and share initiatives and efforts to address education disruptions during the pandemic in Southeast Asia and beyond.
Specifically, the SEAMEO-Partners Lecture Series aims to:
- Share the advanced knowledge/expertise and up-to-date solutions from the SEAMEO Partners that can contribute to teacher capacity development, improvement of teaching methods, student knowledge and future skills development;
- Broaden the viewpoint in the technology used for education;
- Provide free opportunities for ministry officials, teachers, and students to explore new technologies and innovative teaching solutions.
Schedules of Lecture Series
1. SEAMEO-Partners Lecture Series on Teacher Training Solutions
Thursday 28 January 2021 at 10.00 - 11.30 hrs (BKK time)
2. SEAMEO-Partners Lecture Series on Innovative Teaching Solutions
Thursday 04 February 2021 at 10.00 - 11.30 hrs (BKK time)
3. SEAMEO-Partners Lecture Series on Future Skills for Students and IR 4.0 Solutions
Thursday 18 February 2021 at 10.00 - 11.30 hrs (BKK time)
There is no registration fee for organisations and participants to join the SEAMEO-Partners Lecture Series.
It is expected that each Lecture Series will be attended by approximately 1,000 participants during the session via the SEAMEO Secretariat YouTube channel. The participants will be policymakers from Ministries of Education/related governmental organisations, educators, teachers, and university/TVET students from Southeast Asian countries and beyond.
E-CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
The e-Certificate of Participation will be provided to the Lecture Series’ audience who fill-up the “Certificate Validation Form” of which details will appear during the event.
- Information Note for Participants
- Concept Note for Partners
- Submission Form for Partners